Rates & Insurance
- $125 per hour (50-55 minutes) with Masters Level Counselor
- $160 per hour (50-55 minutes) with Psychologist
$160 per Testing Hour (45-60 minutes)
Dr. Long now accepts Aetna, Optum, and Cigna insurance. This includes many insurances (for instance, Meritain is included under Aetna). See more comprehensive list below or Check eligibility here.
Insurance vs. Private Pay
We are primarily a private pay mental health practice and therefore considered out-of-network with many insurance companies. Some services may be covered by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. However, there are some things you may want to consider before utilizing insurance benefits.
How does private pay work? Private pay means we generally do not bill insurance companies directly. We can provide you a "superbill" that you may choose to send to your insurance company for possible reimbursement.
Some of the benefits of not using insurance are:
- More confidentiality. Your insurance company, doctors, or other healthcare providers do not have access to your personal information or diagnosis (unless you give written permission). When you choose to receive a "superbill" to submit for insurance your therapist must include a diagnosis code and dates of service in order for the insurance company to consider reimbursement, which does share some personal information.
- No diagnosis required. A diagnosis does not have to be given to justify therapy. For instance, if you are trying to obtain a security clearance, get into the military, or maintain more anonymity in your life, private pay clients do not require a diagnosis.
- You are in control of your treatment, not your Insurance company. Length and type of treatment is not dictated by insurance company.
Things to consider if you want to use your insurance:
- Do you have a deductible, and if so, what is it?
- What is your out-of-network mental health coverage?
- Does the therapist on your insurance panel specialize/have training in what you are struggling with?
- Do I need preauthorization for testing services? (For psychological evaluations)
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted. **We accept Health Savings and Flexible Spending Cards. If individual has enrolled in a health savings account or flexible spending account, the consumer can choose what approved medical expenses to spend it on, such as eye glasses, labwork, prescriptions, or mental health counseling.
If you are unable to attend a session, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance. Late cancellations are subject to cancellation fee.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
Comprehensive List of Insurances
- Oxford Health Plans
- UHC Student Resources
- AllSavers UHC
- United Healthcare Shared Services
- Allied Benefit Systems - Aetna
- Surest (Formerly Bind)
- Health Plans Inc.
- UnitedHealthcare Global
- Christian Brothers Services - Aetna
- Trustmark Health Benefits - Aetna
- Trustmark Health Benefits - Cigna
- Trustmark Small Business Benefits - Aetna
- Health Scope - Aetna